Ducati engine building is Mark Sutton's specialty. With over 30 years of Ducati experience - four of which were with factory Ducati AMA Superbike teams - it makes him the most experienced Ducati technician in the southeast and one of the most qualified in the nation. Customers send their bikes or engines from all over the United States, Canada, and Europe for Ducshop to blueprint and prep for the road or track.
Our Ducati's have a strong reputation, finishing 3rd in the Daytona 8 hour endurance race, many Daytona 200's on 848's and 3 Moto ST Championships with the DS1000 engine.
A blueprinted engine will produce more power and last longer than a stock engine and anyone thinking of racing or doing track days on their Ducati should seriously consider the investment. When you get a street bike from Ducati it is assembled with very tight clearances so it is more likely to spin a rod bearing or wear other parts prematurely. Blueprinting will set the clearances closer to Corse specs as well as ideal cam timing, etc.
From blueprinting to creating a full Superbike engine, DucShop can customize your Desmo to suit your needs.
Shipping your engine or full bike to us is cheaper than you think. A bike can be shipped door-to-door from coast-to-coast for about $600, and an engine can be shipped for about $250. Call us to get a shipper recommendation. You'll be surprised how easy and affordable it is.
- Port & Polish w/valve job (bare heads):
- 2-valve Stage-4: $1,975 includes guides, seals, seats & oversize valves (worth 10 HP!)
- 4-valve: $2200 + parts
- Re-surface (mill heads): $260
- R&R Guides and seals: $130 per guide and re-cut seat to match + parts (bare heads)
- Competition valve job only: $65 per valve (bare heads)
- Strip and reassemble heads for guides or valve job: $520
- Balance only: $395
- Polish journal: $125
- Balance requiring heavy metal: add $280 + heavy metal cost
- Lighten (mill) to "A" crank: add $345
- Knife edge: Add $280
- Polishing: Add $200
- Resize rod big end: $70 per rod, $140 for Titanium rods
- Install rods with race spec bearings and rod bolts: $210 + parts
Blueprint (Engine out of frame):
- Disassemble, clean and inspect
- Blueprint rods
- Check crank run-out
- Measure crank journal and install race specification bearings
- Shim trans, shift drum and crank to Corse specs
- Set ring end gap
- Check piston-to-cylinder clearance
- Shim cylinders to set piston squish
- Adjust valves to Ducshop specs
- Degree cams to Ducshop numbers per application
- Set up clutch pack
- Set up shift linkage and update
- 2-valve $3,800 to $4,500 + parts
- 4-valve $4,500 to $5,500 + parts
- Over 10 years old add $260
- (email firstname.lastname@example.org for Panigale quote)
- R&R engine add $780
Ducati and MV Agusta in house only ECU flashing :
For most Ducati's and newer MV's. The Ducshop Flash software and optional Cruise control is everything you need to make custom maps and install Cruise control (Add $199) for your 899, 1199 Panigale, Multistrada 1200. Tuning only for Monsters, 749/999 848/1198. $420 to $560